So, got the barrel threaded this afternoon and the internal threads done for the breech plug. Just need to cut the shoulder for the plug and set the head space. The hardest part in done. Then turn it around, cut to length and thread for the radial brake. The 1.3 on the barrel spec is the diameter of the breech end for 6". I will cut it to 30" and it will be a few thousandths under one inch.
So, the project has progressed nicely and will soon be completed. The main hold up is the curing of the paint. I used black lacquer and clear coat because I happen to have those products on hand. To do it in catalyzed paint as is used on today's cars would cost a lot for the materials or I would have had to use a body shop. My lacquer results will look exactly the same but total cure time is longer.......its been a week now and probably this coming week I will be putting it together and shooting it the following Tuesday. I had thought when I requested "hard chrome" to the outfit that did the plating, that it would come back "shinny chrome!" It did not! Apparently hard chrome comes back "frosted!". I was planning to polish the barrel to match. Since it did not, I fine glass beaded the barrel and other components to more or less match. While I was preparing the stencil for putting the etching on the barrel, I saw I had some extra space, so, I added the word "Corona" for S--ts and giggles! I guess I will call it the "Black Corona!"